Summer is the time of year when many families like to go on vacation. Parents may want to consider taking their families to a place where they will not only have fun but will learn about the Bible and be encouraged in their faith. Below are six places in different parts of the country that provide fun, educational and edifying experiences for the whole family.
- The Creation Museum. The state-of-the-art Creation Museum allows you to venture through biblical history, stunning exhibits, botanical gardens, planetarium, petting zoo, zip line adventure course, and much more. This 75,000-square-foot facility has welcomed over 2.5 million guests since opening in Petersburg, Kentucky, according to the museum’s website.
While in that area, your family might also enjoy the Ark Encounter — a life-sized replica of Noah’s Ark.
- The Holy Land Experience. Disney isn’t the only theme park in Orlando, Florida! The Holy Land Experience recreates and brings to life famous places of the Bible and the events that happened there. You can see a recreation of the Tabernacle, of Jesus’ crucifixion or the Jerusalem marketplace. There are real people dressed as Bible characters walking around as well! It is a living, biblical museum that takes you 7,000 miles away and 2,000 years back in time to the land of the Bible.
- The Billy Graham Library. The Billy Graham Library provides a special look into the life of the late beloved evangelist Billy Graham. The library is a 40,000-square-foot experience where you’ll discover the life and legacy of America’s pastor. Designed to reflect Billy Graham’s journey from a humble farm boy to an international ambassador of God’s love, the barn-shaped building is situated on 20 landscaped acres, only miles from where Graham grew up in Charlotte, N.C., according to the library’s website. It includes a tour of the Graham homestead, an extensive bookstore, the Memorial Prayer Garden, and the Graham Brothers Dairy Bar where you can order BBQ, sandwiches, and cookies.
- Crystal Cathedral. The Crystal Cathedral is a wonder of architecture located in Garden Grove, California. It displays both modern architectural design as well as tributes to the splendor of traditional Medieval-era cathedrals. The Cathedral was completed in 1980 and is the largest glass building in the world. It contains 10,000 panes of glass. It also houses one of the largest musical instruments in the world, the Hazel Wright organ.
- Christ in the Smokies. Christ in the Smokies Museum and Gardens in Gatlinburg, Tennessee offers scenes taken straight from the Bible and the life of Jesus. The museum allows visitors to experience what life was like at the time Jesus lived. It features incredibly lifelike scenes telling the story of Christ, utilizing life-size figures, dramatic lighting, music and special effects. Everyone from children to seniors will enjoy seeing their favorite Bible stories come alive in the 3D dioramas, according to the museum website.
- A Christian Cruise. Although this one isn’t a specific place or location, it may be a great way to have fun with your family while being encouraged in your faith. There are several cruises that are family-friendly and include Christian seminars, inspirational speakers and preachers, and spiritually uplifting entertainment and often performances by well-known worship bands.